Westwind Construction is growing and is seeking a detail-oriented Project Coordinator to join our Grand Haven team. We stand out from other construction management firms because we invest ourselves emotionally in our projects and become an advocate for our client’s vision. We are looking for a candidate who shares this vision and wants to work for a company where they will be an integral part of building those lasting relationships with our clients and subcontractors.
• Attends client meetings and assists with the determination of project requirements as necessary.
• Assists the Project Manager in drafting project proposals, budgets, and preliminary schedules.
• Prepares permit applications and submits them to the appropriate agencies. Attends planning commission meetings with the Project Manager as necessary.
• Communicates relevant project information to the client and the project team.
• Works with the Project Manager to draft and implement construction schedules.
• Communicates with field staff on a daily basis regarding progress of the project in order to quickly identify any upcoming schedule changes or conflicts which need to be resolved.
• Responsible for updating the project timeline throughout the construction process and notifies the Site Supervisor, Project Manager, subcontractors, and other team members of any changes to the timeline.
• Tracks and manages change orders in a timely manner.
• Contacts utility companies and prepares applications for service as required.
• Reviews, secures, and assists in the selection of subcontractors.
• Schedules and oversees warranty work for clients.
• Solicits quotes for materials and upon sign off of the project, orders materials to be delivered to the job site.
• Assists in ordering construction materials.
• Assists Project Manager in managing subcontractors throughout the project to ensure that the project is completed within plan specifications, project timelines, and the parameters of the purchase order.
• Updates project budget documents with expenditures and notifies Project Manager of any deviation on expenses from the estimate.
• Performs other duties as required or requested.
• One – three years experience in industrial, commercial, and / or residential construction.
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Suite of products including Microsoft Project.
• Previous experience utilizing ProCore is preferred but not required.
• Bachelors degree in Construction Management or related field preferred but not required.
• Construction: 1 year (preferred)
• Associates degree (preferred)
• United States (preferred)
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Retirement plan
• Paid time off
• Parental leave
• Professional development assistance
• Tuition reimbursement