Westwind Construction is growing and is seeking a detail oriented Project Manager to join our team. With offices both in Grand Haven and in Traverse City we offer a great environment to both live and work. We stand out from other construction management firms because we invest ourselves emotionally in our projects and become an advocate for our client’s vision. We are looking for a candidate who shares this vision and wants to work for a company where they will be an integral part of building those lasting relationships with our clients and subcontractors.
* Meets with clients to establish preliminary site and building design parameters.
* Meets with engineers and architects to communicate preliminary site and building design parameters and communicates corrections and revisions.
* Reviews preliminary site and building plans with the clients to obtain approvals or make changes as requested.
* Prepares application and submits site and building plans to the appropriate municipality for planning commission review and approval. Attends municipal meetings as scheduled.
* Oversees preparation of applications for all applicable permits required to obtain building permit.
* Prepares takeoffs as needed for each project and contacts subcontractors and suppliers to obtain project cost estimates. Reviews and interprets cost estimates to determine that all required costs are included. Assists in selection of subcontractors based on cost, availability, and quality requirements.
* Develops a final estimate for the job based on the site and building plan parameters.
* Creates and maintains the job schedule to ensure that subcontractors are effectively scheduled and informed of the job status.
* Schedules pre-construction meetings to review the job schedule and discuss project expectations with subcontractors and clients.
* Monitors job schedule throughout the project and provides updates on a regular basis for clients, subcontractors and site supervisors.
* Manages subcontractors, in coordination with Site Supervisor, throughout the project to insure that the project is completed within plan and building specifications, project timelines and the parameters of the purchase order and client building agreement.
* Provides regular supervision and direction to the Site Supervisors on the job sites to insure that projects are completed in accordance with the construction plans and specifications and within the project timelines.
* Provides regular supervision of Project Coordinators to ensure that duties assigned are being completed.
* Reviews and approves invoices in order to ensure that the project stays within the budget parameters established with the client.
* Accountable for ensuring that the project is completed up to Westwind Construction quality standards, while staying on time and within budget.
* Provides engineers and architects with field changes to construction plans for preparation of as-built construction plans.
* Performs other duties as required or requested.
* Ten (10) years experience in industrial, multi-family, residential and / or commercial construction.
* Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Suite of products including Microsoft Project.
* Bachelors degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
* Previous Project Management Experience Required.
Qualified candidates should send their confidential resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating what interests them in working in the construction industry.