Westwind Construction is seeking a Web Developer Intern to join our team. There is strong potential for this internship to lead to full-time employment once the candidate has completed their education.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create website layout / user interface by using standard HTML / CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling of the websites.
- Maintain the websites’ DNS records.
- Assist marketing with updating WordPress websites.
- Proactively engage in ongoing learning to stay plugged into emerging technologies / industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Assist IT Manager with maintenance of company hardware and infrastructure.
- Perform other duties as required or requested.
- Previous working experience in web programming.
- Knowledge of modern HTML / CSS.
- An understanding of how web applications work including: security, session management, and best development practices.
- Knowledge of relational database systems, object oriented programming, and web application development.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques.