Westwind Construction is growing and is seeking an experienced Controller of Commercial Real Estate Development to join our team. We stand out from other construction management firms because we invest ourselves emotionally in our projects and become an advocate for our client’s vision. We are looking for a candidate who shares this vision and wants to work for a company where they will be an integral part of building lasting relationships. This position will be responsible for supporting the property development/commercial real estate executive team members.
The Controller of Commercial Real Estate Development position will be responsible for directing the key financial aspects of Midwest Property Development (an affiliate of Westwind Construction) and related real estate entities, including monthly financial statements and reports, cash planning, real estate property accounting, property sale analysis, banker/lender relationships, and monitoring tenant leases.
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements, including the consolidation of multiple reporting entities.
- Develop a reliable monthly cash flow projection that is used to support operating needs and key real estate funding business decisions.
- Real estate property accounting, including acquisition of properties, construction in process, capitalization of buildings, and the sale/disposition of properties. Record and manage bank loans in conjunction with property accounting.
- Prepare analysis of potential real estate property sales/dispositions as requested.
- Interface with appraisers and bankers, providing them with the due diligence documents needed for financing commercial real estate construction loans.
- Provide financial support for permanent commercial real estate loans, including refinanced loan packages.
- Manage Midwest Property Development’s line of credit needs and paydowns.
- Work with the Outside Accountant in support of year-end reviewed financial statements and tax planning needs, including account reconciliations, drafting financial statements, and preparing footnote disclosures.
- Partner with the business and support Executive Leadership business needs, including the presentation of monthly financial statements and special project initiatives requiring detailed financial analysis.
- Supervise Midwest Property Development general accounting activities, including real estate accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Ten or more years’ experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the real estate development and/or property management industry.
- Prior public accounting experience highly preferred.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment with the ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA, and/or CPA preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Sarah Fuhs at firstname.lastname@example.org.