Westwind Construction is seeking a detail-oriented Construction Design Coordinator to join our team. We stand out from other construction management firms because we invest ourselves emotionally in our projects and become an advocate for our client’s vision. We are looking for a candidate who shares this vision and wants to work for a company where they will be an integral part of building those lasting relationships with our clients and subcontractors.
- Conducts full review of zoning ordinances and ensures the architectural requirements are met before plan review meetings.
- Identifies possible obstructions on property prior to construction.
- Reviews Civil Engineer check set prior to submission to outside agencies.
- Attends various municipal meetings to discuss preliminary plans, building variances, site plan approval, etc.
- Assists on selecting the architect for various projects and coordinates plan design development and review.
- Coordinates the ordering of pre-engineered steel buildings and communicates delivery dates to appropriate team members.
- Reviews plans for accuracy and makes sure that all details are called out before sending to subcontractors for bid.
- Prepares permit applications and submits them to the appropriate agencies.
- Communicates relevant project information to the client and the project team.
- Contacts utility companies and prepares applications for service as required.
- Assists Project Manager in managing subcontractors throughout the project to insure that the project is completed within plan specifications, project timelines, and the parameters of the purchase order.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
- Three – five years experience in industrial, commercial, and / or residential construction.
- Proficient at reading Blue Prints and Take Offs.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Suite of products including Microsoft Project.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or related field preferred but not required.
Qualified candidates should send their confidential resume and cover letter indicating what interests them in working in the construction industry.