Westwind Construction is seeking an Information Technology Intern to join our team. This is a full-time internship during the summer and has the flexibility to continue during the school year to accommodate classes. There is strong potential for this internship to lead to full time employment once the candidate has completed their education.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create website layout / user interface by using standard HTML / CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding and scaling of the websites.
- Maintain the websites’ DNS records.
- Assist marketing with updating WordPress websites.
- Proactively engage in ongoing learning to stay plugged into emerging technologies / industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Assist IT Manager with maintenance of company hardware and infrastructure.
- Log all help desk interactions.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person related to systems, software, and hardware.
- Perform other duties as required or requested.
- Previous working experience in web programming.
- Knowledge of modern HTML / CSS.
- An understanding of how web applications work including: security, session management, and best development practices.
- Knowledge of relational database systems, object oriented programming and web application development.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.