Westwind Construction is growing and is seeking a driven individual to join our team as a Superintendent in the Traverse City area. This individual will have the opportunity to work on a large multi-family project in the Traverse City area and will also be responsible for inspecting our existing multi-family buildings. The culture at Westwind is one of teamwork, innovation, and collaboration. We stand out from other construction management firms because we invest ourselves emotionally in our projects and become an advocate for our client’s vision. We are looking for a candidate who shares this vision and wants to work for a company where they will be an integral part of building those lasting relationships with our clients and subcontractors.
· Provides daily supervision and direction to the subcontractors on location at the job sites to ensure that the project is completed in accordance with the project plan and specifications within the project timelines.
· Maintains daily logs of all job activity (subcontractors, inspectors, utility companies, weather conditions, etc.) to provide documentation of the project.
· Maintains the job schedule to ensure that the subcontractors are effectively scheduled and informed of the job status.
· Monitors subcontractor purchase orders to ensure compliance with contracted specifications.
· Communicates with Project Manager and / or Project Coordinators of status updates and any potential issues which may cause delays in the project.
· Compiles change orders, in a timely manner, to subcontractor purchase orders to ensure that all changes are appropriately documented and communicated.
· Ensures that the job is completed within the quality control guidelines of Westwind Construction.
· Coordinates required inspections with the local jurisdiction(s).
· Walks the project daily and makes notes of punch list action items. Compiles a final punch list and works to resolve any outstanding issues prior to handing the keys over to the client.
· Maintains an orderly and safe job site to ensure that all safety rules are adhered to by all personnel on site.
· Performs other duties as required or requested.
· Five (5) years’ experience in multi-family construction or custom residential construction preferred.
· Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite of software including Microsoft Project.
· Degree in Construction Management helpful but not required.
Qualified candidates should send their confidential resume and cover letter.