Westwind Construction, and its affiliated companies, are growing and seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to support their Multi-family and Construction Project accounting needs. We stand out from other construction firms because we invest ourselves emotionally in our projects and become an advocate for our client’s vision. We are looking for a candidate who shares this vision, wants to work for a company where they will be an integral part of building lasting relationships and is comfortable supporting multiple cross-functional team members.
The Multi-family and Construction Project Senior Accountant will be responsible for managing, facilitating and/or supporting key financial aspects of the multi-family and construction accounting processes, including multi-family monthly financial statements and annual budgets, construction project accounting, and property development real estate property accounting. Responsibilities include:
Multi-family Property Management Accounting Responsibilities
- Assist the property development controller with the preparation and review of the monthly multi-family property financial statements.
- Balance sheet account reconciliations and review of expenses for proper account posting.
- Post proper month-end journal entries.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Assist the property development controller with the development of annual multi-family budgets.
- Process the weekly cash disbursement checks for each property.
Construction Project Accountant Responsibilities
- Set up customer contracts and subcontractor purchase orders/change orders in the company’s Momentum construction operating software.
- Works closely with project managers to ensure timely and accurately reporting of project costs, including weekly review of job cost reports and timely approval of subcontractor invoices/AIA documents.
- Facilitate multi-family construction project cost tracking worksheets and reconcile them with the SAGE month-end job cost report.
- Liaison to Construction Controller to facilitate resolution of invoice discrepancies.
- Initiate final job cost close-out.
- Establish and improve project accounting processes to provide efficiencies, timely processing, and proper internal control procedures.
- Manage the progression and details of Sworn Statements through the duration of construction projects.
Property Development Accounting Responsibilities
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Real estate property accounting, including:
- Record bank loan draws and construction in process.
- Reconcile and record monthly depreciation expense for multiple property development companies.
- Record cash receipts and bank deposits.
- Ten or more years’ experience in progressively responsible financial/accounting roles, preferably in the construction, property management, and/or real estate development industries.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment with the ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience with QuickBooks and SAGE accounting software systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.