Westwind Construction is seeking a Senior Developer to join our team. This is a unique position in that the person in this position will be responsible for developing and enhancing our own proprietary software. We are looking for a candidate who wants to work for a company where collaboration, respect and innovation are central core values.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage and work processes.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Translate web application to functional apps for our team members to use.
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding and scaling of the company’s proprietary software.
- Maintain the websites’ DNS records.
- Proactively engage in ongoing learning to stay plugged into emerging technologies / industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Assist IT Manager with design of IT systems for new projects as well as maintenance of company hardware and infrastructure.
- Perform other duties as required or requested.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in software development and programming.
- Knowledge of modern HTML / CSS.
- An understanding of how web applications work including: security, session management, and best development practices.
- Knowledge of relational database systems, object oriented programming and web application development.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
Qualified candidates should send their confidential resume and cover letter indicating what they enjoy most about software development.