It’s only fitting that a high-end custom cabinet and furniture maker has a beautifully designed building in which to practice his craft. While it wasn’t without its challenges, Inception Woodworks is a lovely example of how perfection is possible when a client’s wishes come together with our knowledge and expertise. Initially begun by a prior contractor, the design of Inception’s new building wasn’t coming along fast enough and it was too small for Inception’s needs. Westwind was asked to step in and take over.
- Address: 1318 Industry Dr., Traverse City
- Function: Manufacturer of high-end residential cabinets and furniture
- Completion date: December 2018
- Size: 7,537 square feet
This modern industrial building is a blend of contemporary office space and high-volume industrial space. The office space functions as both a showroom for their clients as well as a great work environment for their team members; while the industrial space has a tool shop and over 50% of its space designated as “clean room” space.
- Address: 5632 Airline Road, Fruitport
- Function: Corporate headquarters, manufacturer of precision wire and medical coil components
- Date: 2015
- Size: 38,000 square feet
Acemco is a custom contract manufacturer who Westwind has had the pleasure of working with for over 17 years on many projects. Our relationship began in 2000 when we built their Class A industrial space housing a stamping factory, and it continued with the construction of an airplane hangar in 2001. In 2008, we built an addition to their industrial space.
- Address: (Hangar) 166 Ellis Road, Norton Shores; (Corporate Office) 7297 Enterprise Drive, Spring Lake
- Function: Industrial Space, Office Space, Airplane Hangar
- Date: 2000 (Headquarters); 2001 (Hangar); 2008 (Addition)
- Size: Headquarters: 104,750 square feet; Hangar: 8,000 square feet; Addition: 40,000 square feet